Sunday, January 26, 2014

Working Weekend

Etsy can be so overwhelming.  I have been working since 3:30 trying to take a good pic of the arrow garland below.  After tons of trial and error I felt fine with what I had but editing it was so hard. I just don't understand cameras or how to edit or any of the technical stuff.  Finally I got this listed but when I tried to search for Valentine's Day Garland I was blown away by how many there were. I couldn't even find my own listing! Sometimes I forget just HOW MANY PEOPLE are on etsy! It can be really frustrating but I have to think of it in a positive way which is to say that it's so awesome that people get to make beautiful things and have a place to sell those things.  I'm happy to know this is a shared experience.  I'm sure many of those people also had a long afternoon of trying to photograph and edit their work. I hope their return is huge.  I also hope they drank yummy tea like I did and they have someone special in the kitchen making them supper.  You can find this "love you garland" here. I won't make you try to search for it.


I had a wonderful three day weekend spend working and working and working.  This is the kind of work I would like to do round the clock. I would never have to punch in because I would never punch out.  I got my hands on Pantone's color of the year - Radiant Orchid - and painted a new grouping of arrows that I was pretty in love with.



I also REALLY DID attempt to play the ukelele.  I think a lot of people doubted that part about my last post.  It was easy when compared to a guitar but it was hard when compared to my ability to play a stringed instrument.  I need to practice for a long time before I'll be playing any recitals.


What if I became famous for playing the ukelele?

Valentine's day is one of my favorite holidays when it comes to decoration.  I love the colors so much and hearts are always my favorite shape.  I have been too busy to do a lot of vday crafting so I made sure to do a little bit this weekend.  My studio is caked in gold glitter and I'm pretty sure my lungs are filled with yarn particles.  There are worst things to fill my lungs with so I think it's probably okay.

The pizza is ready... That's right... PIZZA!  This may be the best weekend ever.

<3 p="">

2 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

I could so hear you say "What if I became famous for playing the ukelele?" I actually heard your voice in my head.

Julie