Monday, January 27, 2014

Stir Crazy Agoraphobe

The weather here has been so cold! Are you feeling the same thing where you are? I seem to follow a lot of people from Australia on instagram and all their summer photos have made me very envious.  I promise times a thousand that when it's super muggy and hot this summer I will not complain.  


The place where I worked was closed today and will be closed again tomorrow. I am super grateful for these extra days to work at home but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit stir crazy.  I know I can go outside but I am scared.  I have irrational fears of becoming immediately freezer burned. I have been homebound for 5 days with only a few trips out. It is very easy for me to slip into agoraphobia (fear of leaving the home) after being here for so long.  I start to get  a little anxious at the idea of returning to normal life and leaving my home for longer than an hour or so.  When I was little I used to try to make Sundays stretch out as long as possible because I had terrible anxiety about going to school. I thought if I made the day very boring it would never end.  I was pretty clever...


Most of my friends know I love unicorns (who wouldn't?) and over the years I have been gifted some great unicorn items.  This bell from my friend Courtney really takes the cake.  She suggested I ring it after each Etsy sale which I totally will do now.  That reminded me of when I bought my wedding dress and they made me ring a bell and make a wish. At first I thought it was so cheesy  but when I finally did I got a little teary. I am a sucker for pomp and circumstance. 

Look at this rabbit.

I just clocked two and a half hours editing and listing the following goodies in my shop.  Click on each pic for details.  I had a million other items on my to-do list tonight but it's ten o'clock and my fella is in the other room watching reruns of 30 Rock and I really want to join him. Besides, tomorrow I have to make it the most boring day possible so it will last forever so I should hopefully have plenty of time to get more work done.






Oh! Do you watch Girls? Do you read Gawker? I do both and boy did Hannah really zing Gawker on the show the other night. Actually Adam did. The timing was perfect after Jezebel was so weird about Lena Dunham's Vogue photos. If you have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sorry. I just love a good zing!

xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, David's Bridal! Love the new work- keep it up!

Unknown said...

I am the same way with bring in the house... I have been here around 4 days and now that I know work will start again tomorrow... I am kinda nervous! Wonder why that happens?