Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Candy Colors

This weekend I had the kind of studio time I have been dreaming about for some time now. I worked and worked and was super excited with the results.  

I have always wanted to learn how to make a God's Eye so I looked up some videos online and finally made my own.  I used paper straws for sticks but I'd like to get some dowel rods or maybe even make some with my handmade arrows.  This color combo makes me want to eat a bunch of candy.


That project is what put me in the direction of my next project.  I wanted to make some wreaths that were similliar to my dreamcatchers.  The tassel was inspired by the God's Eye.  The use of black is pretty new for me and I like the contrast it brings. I think it helps make everything pop.  All these colors and fun things brightened up my mood so much.


After this I was on to the next one and decided to use strings of felt feathers instead of the tassel.  That giraffe was hanging out in my pile of stuff so he was included at the end and seemed to bring it all together.




I am now exploring some new color schemes for these and considering adding a dreamcatcher web to them.  
This is the happiest I have been in a while. I'm excited to be working again.

What are your projects? Are you making holiday gifts? Please share!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Teach me the art of making beautiful poms......o queen of fuzzy yarn.