Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Inspiration Tour

You guys!! I had a great time on my inspiration tour in Chicago.  I went with a few gal pals who were happy to go on a journey checking out beautiful places and dreaming about all the creative things we could do.  I took a ton of pictures of our findings.  We went to Anthropologie, BHLDN, the conservatory and a butterfly garden. We also checked out Asrai Garden in Wicker Park which was sooooo dreamy!  Here are a billion pictures.





















I was feeling pretty weird after my last post when I wrote about wanting to make art about beautiful things and happy moments. I think I started feeling guilty about how much bad there is.  The government is shut down because people do not like the idea of affordable healthcare!  It seems like such an absurd thing.  This as well as many other things have really troubled me so then I feel guilty saying "I want to make art about beautiful things!"  I had a talk with my girlfriends about this and they assured me that I don't have to over think. It's nice to have a reprieve from all the bad sometimes.  I want my work to celebrate the good because in times like this it's so easy to get hung up over all the negative.

I have been working very slowly and building things up on paper.  When I walked into the conservatory it felt like walking into a whole other world.  I have been thinking about that a lot with these paintings.  I want to create little worlds that are filled with good.  Free healthcare for everyone!!  I'm excited to see where this series goes.


I hope you are taking time to celebrate something super wonderful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures, Ann! And I like the start on your paintings. I also feel like I should write down all those cool places you visited so I can check them out next time I make it to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

I don't think you should feel guilty about wanting to make pretty things! When things are tough, people need artists and writers all the more to give them inspiration and a little escape.