Thursday, September 26, 2013

Little Bits

I have been the sleepiest girl lately.  It's almost nine o'clock and I am ready for bed. Okay, I'm actually in bed. As soon as I'm done writing this I plan on falling fast asleep. I'm afraid I'm at the early stages of a cold which I absolutely do not have time for. No, I did not mean to reference the "nobody got time for that" lady but seriously, she's right. 

I may just be sleepy from a busy week and still trying to get used to a new schedule that involves going to work soooooooo early! Eight o'clock is a wonderful time to be up and about but only after a good hour of sitting and drinking coffee and reading blogs and eating a yummy breakfast.  Now my routine involves eating while standing and quickly doing hair and make-up and rushing out the door. If only I could wake up at 5:00, then I would have those luxurious mornings that I dream of!

Diana Behl, who is the bee's knees,  was in town as a visiting artist at the print shop. I was able to spend some time with her in the studio one night and have a nice visit over a meal.  I loved seeing her process and asking her questions about how she works. I've admired her artwork for a really long time.  You may even remember Diana and her equally talented beau Andrew from when they were featured as a dreamy, artful couple. You can see that interview here. I wish my schedule had not been so busy this week because I would have loved to ask millions of more questions and learn lots of new things.


Last night I met up with a few pals and celebrated a birthday party at our favorite haunt. I brought little wrestler finger puppets for party favors and made sure the birthday girl wore embarrassing birthday adornments.  That's what friends are for.


I got some new garlands in the shop this week.  I can't quit making pom poms. These color combos are killing me lately. I love this grouping.

Stella Pom Garland


Pom Pom Garland

And now it's time for sleeping!  Sweet dreams, y'all.

No comments: