Sunday, September 22, 2013

Breathe

Hi, remember me?

Flower Toppers in my shop.

I worked at new job for a week and I am still trying to figure out a routine. This weekend I had grand plans of working in my studio and trying out some new stuff.  What did I do instead?  I cleaned my house, rearranged my living room, got in some great chats with several great friends, squeezed in a round of mini golf, and made a batch of chickpea burgers for my lunches this week.


Fancy Toppers here.

Okay now that I lay it all out like that I realize I had a pretty smashing weekend despite not being able to get some studio time in. I may have been slightly avoiding it anyway.  Also, my studio is sooo completely wrecked that it will take at least a couple of hours of cleaning to finally get in there.

Cupcake Toppers in my shop.

I just had a thought.  For so long I have felt like this ball of anxiety from worrying about never finding success whether it be from my shop or blog or in the so-called art world.  I always feel like I'm running out of time which makes me even more anxious. And then it feels like everything is resting on my latest project so when things feel like they fail the failure feels colossus.  I spoke with my friend Jane today who I haven't talked to in a long time and while we were both catching each other up on our lives we both realized... we're happy.  And that's all that matters, right?  And with that I let everything go, Well, I'm beginning to let everything go.  No more anxiety over feeling like everything has to work out right this second.  I do need to clean my studio though. I will get to it.

In my shop here.

Yesterday I had a wonderful chat with a friend who is at a new beginning of something wonderful.  She is working on starting a new business and may be in the process of becoming part of an exciting partnership.  To do what you love... that's all you can ask for. Take a minute today to send out good blessings in the world for her.  She truly deserves it!

Sweet dreams!

No comments: