Monday, January 21, 2013

Bunnies, Garlands and Friends

Thank you to everyone who sent Luxie well wishes.  We are treating her for a variety of potential bunny problems and I'm feeling confident that she's on the up and up.  She can't live in her usual home right now so this has become her "hospital bed."  Yes, I put a stuffed animal in there for her.  


Luxie's sister, Rue, seems quite lonely so I made her a play space in my studio.  This rabbit loves to play and be cuddled so it's been quite a cuddly distraction.  I intended to paint and work on some art last night but these bunnies needed attention and I felt that was where my time was best spent.



 On the day I was feeling the lowest I got this sweet package in the mail from my friend Hannah. She saw my post about my Lucky horse sign and said she wanted to send me this Good Luck horse spoon.  I was so excited when I got it. I'm such a believer in good luck charms.  Hannah also filled the package with fun stickers, a miniature puzzle (whhhaaaaaattt???!!!) and a beautiful sketchbook.  That postcard had a lovely note on it that perked me right up. I love care packages, making them and receiving them.
 I met with my friend Robyn yesterday and had an awesome getting to know you/ lets start planning crafty projects meeting.  Robyn is super inspiring and a maker of beautiful stuff. I'm planning a post on her work very soon. Our meeting inspired me to get in my studio and work.  As I was tending to bunnies I worked on cleaning and organizing because that has been one thing that's been holding me back on working.  This picture does not prove that any organization happened here but it does show off that new Papaya banner I hung over my alcove.  I got it at Cracker Jax. I've been in love with this banner since we got it in!  So that will definitely help the creative process.
 I also put together this Valentine's pom pom garland. I'm still working on it, doing finishing touches. It feels like it needs one more thing.  Never you mind the horrible coloring in this picture. Ugh. Photography.
So that was my weekend.  Mostly I was a bunny nurse.  Fingers crossed that things stay on the up and up.  Rue is missing her sister from another bunny mister and I am missing sleeping a full nights sleep without worrying something is happening. When I have kids I will likely never sleep again.

Have a good Monday, MLK day, Inauguration day!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I didn't know you had two bunnies now, (I'm quite behind on reading blogs...) Rue is a cutie! And I'm glad Luxie is feeling better!

robayre said...

haha, I wanted to leave a comment, but as I told you yesterday, I don't want to be that person that always is the first stalkery comment leaver. I had to laugh when I saw that I didn't leave a comment but another Robyn did!
I had a good time yesterday and I can't wait to meet up with you again and Courtney so we can talk shop, ha, no pun intended.
I really have to get into Cracker Jax. I haven't been there in ages and you keep showing all these amazing things from there. It used to be my go-to place for jewelry and eccentric teenage girly shopping when I was in high school.
I love the pompom garland photograph. When I saw it I immediately thought of the Cheshire cat, it looks like a smile, no?