Friday, March 4, 2011

inspurrrrrration

There are certain buzz words that really send a jolt of inspiration through me. Heatherette is one of them. As soon as I think about the design team I get an itch in my hands to make something. I love everything about their aesthetic sensibility. It's like all my favorite kinds of artwork come to life.
I also loooove their muse Amande Lepore. In this picture she is the one on the far right. After scrolling through pics of her on google image I realize Amanda really is the original Lady Gaga. At least fashion wise. Through working with Heatherette she has worn some pretty amazing pieces. Though Amanda isn't as mainstream as Lady Gaga I think in some ways she really set the stage for LG to wear the things she wears.
About four or five years ago I came across this amazing video of Amanda created by Heatherette and David Lachapelle in collaboration with MAC. I fell so hard in love with its glamorous weirdness. In the past few years I have been trying to find the video but to no avail. Finally today I found it! It's still super weird but so inspiring. I don't want to post it here because Amanda is completely nude in the video. But you should definitely watch it. This is the link. Let me know what you think!




I hope you are just as inspired as I am!

No comments: