Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my 2010

I just realized it's half-way through the first month of 2011 and I never made a review of 2010. Not that I have ever really done this before but last year was a pretty big year so I thought I should do a little recapping.

My proudest moment around the first half of the year was building this house:
Not Yet A Home
Thanks to my handy boyfriend I put together a thesis show I was very happy with. If I had to finally exit grad school at least I left with a bang! You can see more of my thesis show here.

I was also pretty happy with this mini-installation I made at our group show in Chicago. That was a fun show to be part of and I was happy to show alongside some of my great friends. More from that show here.

Bedroom installation

And then I graduated....




I had a hard time with this. I immediately started looking for a job. I didn't and still have no idea what I really really want to be doing. I waited tables for most of my summer and now I make coffee at a certain bookstore. It's very exciting spending my days at a bookstore serving coffee. Well, not exciting like winning the lottery but it's just nice to go to a place I enjoy being in. That aside I'm still not quite sure what I should really really be doing. I have ideas... I'm working on it....

Okay then! I moved into a house with my boyfriend! It wasn't here but pretend like it was... "This" house was infested with mold so after a month we moved out and into an apartment which was actually nicer than the house. Well, obviously... I mean, there wasn't mold there...

I quit smoking!! I always said I just wanted to get through grad school and then I would quit. Well, grad school is over and I really did quit! Yay!

DSCF7988
Also I got this amazing bunny! She is my first pet that isn't a fish. I love her like crazy!

What a great year. Many more wonderful things happened and some not-s0-great things but the world kept turning and will continue to do so. We are all always in flux and that's the greatest thing about life!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Looks like a good one! I look forward to reviewing my year in 2012.... hope I can transition from grad school to real world...