Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unintentional Hiatus

I didn't mean to go on hiatus this week but I was away all weekend and now I'm having technical difficulties with my camera. Last Friday night I got to see my best friend Cameron's BFA show and it was absolutely stunning. I'm dying to post pictures so hopefully I will get this camera thing taken care of. Yesterday's Dreamy, Artful Couple post didn't happen because I'm waiting to get some info back from a few dreamy couples so that will come shortly. Also, no house tours today due to said camera. It all feels like a big "wha whaaaaa."
However, if you would like your home or studio toured and we live to far apart contact me and maybe you can send me the photos. I am very lucky to live around so many great people who's homes are worthy of a view but I would love to expand out. Send your photos!
I don't want to leave you with nothing today. I've been meaning to write about this move for a while now. I recently saw the documentary October Country and fell in love. I've been wanting to see this movie ever since I saw a review for it in Bust magazine. I would check Netflix constantly to see if it had been released yet. When I finally got the disc in I almost didn't watch it because I thought it would be really depressing and I just wasn't in the mood for that. I'm glad I gave it a chance anyway. The film follows three generations of a family who seem to be caught in a cycle of abuse. It is really sad but you also feel yourself really rooting for this family. They are smart and articulate and self aware. The New York Times wrote a really good review about the move here. It's worth a read. Consider seeing this movie. It's so great!
photo credit

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

camera trouble = :-S
Mine broke yesterday! The aperture "curtain" came loose for no apparent reason. Fingers crossed it will be covered by the warranty - I mean, nothing happened to the camera! Gaaaah.