Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thank you

First of all, thank you all so much for your sweet support from my last post. Your comments and messages really gave me the boost I needed. I think I just needed to quit feeling sorry for myself and let me studio work come naturally instead of forcing it. I also realize I've been spreading myself a little too thin lately with other commitments and I was not giving myself the time to work or be creative. I wanted to fit it into an hour between work and seeing friends. I have to allow myself more time in the studio, distraction-free. I also have to allow myself to deal with all the many changes going on in my life and understand how that can effect the flow of creativity. Phew, that was a mouthful! But most importantly, thank you for giving me the encouragement and sharing your own stories. This is really why I love blogging.

And with that I am about to wrap up my fundraising blog to help the Gardner family. So far I have raised about $280! There are still many gorgeous pieces on the blog for very little money.
I will keep the blog open until the end of Monday.

This print by Jane Ryder is a hand-pulled screen print and is only $30 + $3 shipping. Check out more of Jane's work here.
This is a beautiful print of an original painting by Mira Reisberg. This would fit perfectly in a 7" IKEA frame. It is only $25.00 plus $3.00 shipping. See more of Mira's work here.
Love horses? Love the Kentucky Derby? These hand-painted glasses are perfect for you! Jennifer Tucker Nelson uses permadry enamel paint on glass to create these jockey silks. These are are a real steal at only $80 + $8 shipping.
Georgia Alderson donated these next two watercolor paintings. The first painting is 22" x 30" and is only $35.00 + $3.00 shipping. The Gumball Painting is 11" x 15" and is $30. + $3.00 shipping. See more of Georgia's work in her etsy shop here.

This 8" x 8" mixed media canvas by Tari June Goerlitz. This canvas is even more beautiful in person and has obviously been made with a lot of love. It is only $30.00 + $3.00 shipping. It would be the perfect gift for a wonderful Mom. Click on Tari's name to see her awesome blog!
Christian Arrecis donated this gorgeous digital photo. It is 9" x 6" and printed on archival digital photo paper. Christian has also offered to matte the photo, making it easier to frame. It is $35.00 plus $3.00 shipping. To see more of Christian's work click here.
And last but certainly not least are these luscious, hand-pulled prints by Jerry Phillips. Jerry has already sold one print but has three beauties left. Go here to read about each one of the prints and realize how hard it is choosing just one. Jerry and I went to undergrad together and I had the pleasure of watching him making beautiful etchings and mezzotints. To see more of Jerry's work go here.


Lots of wonderful things for sale! Spend little money and get beautiful artwork! If you are interested in buying any of these pieces please contact me at: abeautifulparty@gmail.com
Take care and have a great day!!

No comments: