Monday, April 5, 2010

Homes

Good morning. I was strolling around the web and wondering what I would post about today when I came across this beauty on Post Grad Haircut. I love this build it yourself kit by 1Canoe2. It was made on a letterpress and you assemble it yourself and voila! A perfect paper home.
After seeing this I looked around Etsy for more neat House products and I cam across this ridiculously cool ring by JDavisStudio. This shop has some other cute home goods but I'm always a sucker for a cool ring.
Then I remembered this photographer James Spicer. I've purchased photos from him before and they are so charming. I love how he photographs all these miniature homes.
And I cheated and thought I would show one of my own homes. I made a bunch of these little envelope houses over the summer. As soon as my thesis show is over I wanted to make more more more. They are a lot of fun to make. This girl is one of my favorites.
And isn't this a really sweet print by Erin Dollar? It's so simple but so well designed. See more here.

This is putting me in the mood to get back to my studio and work on my thesis show house. I'm about ready to take it all apart so that it can travel to the gallery. I will try to take some in-progress photos of it today. It's been so much fun to work with because I have started drawing and collaging directly onto the walls. I feel like a little kid again only now I can't get in trouble.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

oh this is so weird - you are right next to Vanessa Valencia in my bloglist and she has a free printable house today! afancifultwist.typepad.com