Wednesday, February 24, 2010

House Update

This isn't the best photo but here is an update of my house. I threw the shingles up with tape just to show my class how they will hang over so they are not in perfect place yet. Plus, the paint I used is really glossy, that's why there is a shine. I don't think I like it, I think I'm going to change the color. The shelf is only temporary. I'm going to go thrifting this weekend and try to find some shelving for the place and more decoration. I want to display a lot of found things as well as some of my artwork inside. I'd also like to make a nice trim on the end of the floor. It's so exciting to see it in this state, it's really starting to feel like a home. What do you think? Any suggestions?

7 comments:

A Life So Peachy said...

Looks fantastic- can't wait to see the finished product!

Mira Reisberg AKA The Picture Book Whisperer said...

Yes it's looking great. Glad you went with the wallpaper. Are you thinking brown wooden vintagey looking shelves or white. I would go brown or neutral colored. Way to go girl. You are getting there.

anna said...

Love it!! It totally feels like home! That wallpaper really gives it the homely atmosphere.

Lauren said...

i love the wallpaper, and how much care you're putting into your project.

A Beautiful Party said...

thank you to all of you! it's been fun to work on and only a little stressful. Can't wait for the next update!

flux biota. said...

wooden table. one of the wallpaper panels can be a different color.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

How unbelievably pretty. I kind of want to live there. It would be cool to have a separate house like this inside a livingroom!