Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday's Balloons



Okay, so not to be too over-dramatic but my heart just shattered into a million pieces when I saw these faux balloons by Clementine Henrion. At first glance they look like real helium balloons but they are actually sewn fabric with stuffing. Amazing! And all my favorite balloons, too. I first spotted this at Design for Mankind yesterday and have been lusting after them since. The price tag is a little out of my budget but that doesn't mean a girl can dream, right? Until then I'll have to just keep going to the party store weekly for fresh balloons. They are way better than flowers...

This weekend I plan on working on my house. I have plans to paint it and wallpaper it. Plus I have a few different art pieces in the works and would like to have them finished by Sunday. That's the goal at least.

Last night I taught my class and I have to say that I really have great students again this semester. We just had our first critique Tuesday night and they really blew me away with their work. I would love to get some on here to share so I'll talk to the students and see what they think. Right now we are doing drypoint which can be a bit challenging because it's such a new medium but they are coming along. Sometimes I really like this teaching thing...

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

ooooh - just went on a trip into artists on the net via links on this post - thanks!

Amelia.x

Kristen said...

oh balloons are sooo much better than flowers. add these to the list of "gorgeous things out of my price range.

~K