Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For Your Tuesdays

This morning I had to take my car into the shop for some repairs. It was only about a quarter mile from my house so I walked home. Other than some wind the weather seems pretty nice outside, pretty mild. Makes me hopeful for Spring to get here.
On my walk I got to come up close and personal to something that I love seeing from my car. When my friend Jane Ryder graduated and prepared to move away she took all of her woodblocks and nailed them to various trees around the town. It's a fun game to find Jane's woodblocks. It almost feels like letterboxing. I suppose I could ink this up on the tree and stick some paper to them for a stamp. Or do a rubbing like people do at cemeteries. If you live in this area keep your eyes open for some of these great blocks.
I still have two free prints left for the first two customers who purchase something in my shop for ten dollars or more. The money goes to the good cause of helping me get my thesis show made.
Don't forget to check the blog mash-up schedule today!

3 comments:

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

I love this so much. I would love to drive/walk by wood blocks attached to trees!

flux biota. said...

I'm glad you like those. It felt good to nail them onto tree and have people enjoy them.

flux biota. said...

trees, even