Wednesday, January 13, 2010

**

While I do my computering chores and blog reading I'm eating this for breakfast. I'm not really a great cook but luckily my boyfriend is. He made me a batch of homemade bread and today I'm finishing it off. I made a little dish of olive oil and I'm probably getting it all over my computer. It's so good! I also cheated and got a latte at Starbucks. I had a gift certificate but unfortunately their was only 10 cents on it so I paid for the whole thing. Shouldn't have gone for the Venti.
Last night was my first class. I was a little jittery and a little tongue-tied but I felt more at ease than I did on my first day last semester. Sometimes when I have to talk in front of people I just lose all my words. I hate it! My vocabulary gets dumbed down so much. I hate doing this but for my demo on Thursday I may write a speech and try to memorize it, at least so I can remember key words. I'll grow out of this, right?? I think I'm going to have a great class, though. It feels like there will be lots of energy so that's exciting!
Off to the studio...

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Perhaps you can just try to focus on the fact that you want to tell people something (don't fall into the trap of "how do I look - what do I sound like"), that it is meaningful to you and they are happy you are telling it to them. Do you practise at home? I think it's much better to actually speak when you practise than to just read and go over things in your head. Also know that you probably magnify whatever tiny (human) flaws there may be. Better to sound like a person than a robot anyway.

A Beautiful Party said...

I'm going to think positively and do really well tonight! thanks for the feedback!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

You'll totally grow out of it :) Just remember, you know more than they do! Even the smart asses who act like you don't have anything to offer them...they really have the most to learn from you.