Monday, November 9, 2009

I had such a wonderful time this weekend! My mom and sister got here Friday afternoon and left early Sunday morning. We spent the time looking around my town and doing our favorite activity: shopping. Friday night we ate at an Italian restaurant that I'd never been to before and it was really delicious. Although, I ordered grilled calamari and it looked a lot different than what I'm used to and it was a little bizarre. I'm glad I tried it but if I think about it to much I get a bit grossed out. I'm trying to transition into being a vegetarian which is going well but I still occasionally eat seafood. After that calamari my seafood days may be over. I was sad to see my company leave on Sunday but with only a few weeks left in the semester I have plenty to do to keep me busy.

Another great thing that happened this weekend was the arrival of this book. Written by blogger Michi, who I have to admit I'm not familiar with her blog but want to be after getting this book, this is a collection of funny little anecdotes and do's and don'ts of fashion that doesn't take itself too seriously. The thing that really drew me to this work are the illustrations by Kat Macleod. I discovered this book and her work on someone else's blog and I've been trying so hard to remember who it was. I'll look through all the blogs I read and try to give them their proper "via" credit. I love the way Kat uses watercolor and collage to make these fashionable girls. Consider getting this book for yourself or your favorite fashion girl. It's a fun and beautiful book.
I hope you all had a great weekend!



1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Ooh, I like those illustrations!!

Perhaps you should paint an octopus instead?

yaaaay vegetarians! ;)

Guess what I've done? If you go back to my blog you'll see some bunnies and a little something called koutchicoo which is my illustrations :) Started a little shop for them yesterday. You can hereby be my witness that the name and the illustrations are mine, mine, MINE! *said in crazy voice*

They're looking very lonely on Etsy right now but I'm hoping that will change...

Glad you had a nice time with your family!!