Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Camera...Finally!

I finally got a camera!!
I'm super excited to be able to finally show you all stuff that I've been working on in my studio. I still don't have all the functions right on my new camera so the color on these images is a little washed out. If you click on them and make them larger hopefully they will look more accurate. These are just some quick pics of things hanging on my studio walls.
This was the print I made at Frogmans this summer. I don't think I've ever posted on here before but this was sort of a breakthrough print for me. I'm definitely taking some of the techniques I learned and applying it to my new work.


Oh, and remember that litho stone i was drawing on a while back? It's still on stone and not on paper yet. I'm sure my professors are wondering what will ever come of it. I love drawing on stones but hate hate hate printing!
These are some in-progress drawings I have hanging up in my studio. They have been really fun to work on but are still at a very early stage. Any feedback you could give would be appreciated it.



This semester is going by so quickly and I'm soo busy. My class that I'm teaching had their first crit yesterday and we have to finish it up tomorrow. It lasted three hours! But I have such a great class and they all talk during crit so I can't complain.
Thursday night I'm going to be in an art show called The Dog and Pony Show. I'm so glad I can finally take pictures at these things. I'll try to post them Friday.
Also I need to recap my trip to the Renegade Craft Fair. I bought some great things from some amazing vendors. Until I show you my own purchases you can check out the stores/blogs of of the sellers here in this sneak peek!






6 comments:

Malinda Jane said...

i love it all, ann! i like this new direction you're moving in. still pretty and sweet, but gritty.

CassieMarie said...

:) Yay for new cameras!! lookin spiffy ann!

flux biota. said...

Those are looking hot. I'm glad this semester is going well.

belinda marshall said...

wow, i love the new work! love the texture and of course the colours. lots of good things happening for you ~ it's great :)

caroline said...

congrats with your new camera!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I like the first one especially, a lot! Excellent composition in the first & last ones, those are the ones I could stare at the longest and zone into a different world for a while.