Friday, May 1, 2009

Happiness

Today I'm up early for a Thursday. Last night my friend Jane had her MFA show and I have no pictures to prove it. Maybe someone will post some on facebook and I can steal them for my blog. I mean... borrow them....
We had fun running around to different art shows and meeting up at the bar til the wee hours. Today I had to work early for a couple of hours and then I'm off to breakfast with Jane. I'm hoping for a fruit platter. I'll probably get hashbrowns. I have little breakfast discipline.
I found this picture of this guy floating with balloons and I thought that would be a lovely way to spend a day. I've been thinking a lot about talking to friends and sometimes people seem so discontent with life, they hate everything, they are so miserable. I desperately feel that I want to change their circumstances and make them so happy and it's frustrating when I don't know how. I realized today that I feel like I need to do this because I'm afraid I could be that unhappy. I have to help them so that I never feel that way. But you can't help everyone. And I just want to float around with all these balloons and find my own happiness.
I hope you have a happy Friday. I should be watching the wrestler tonight and tomorrow is Kentucky Derby!
Cheers!

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I think people need to find their own happiness, it's not something you can help another person do. Or wait - maybe it is, short term you can make someone happy of course, and through therapy and such... but the DECISION to be happy or have a happier outlook on life has to come from within...

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

and P.S.
You make people happier with your art and by just being who you are.

A Beautiful Party said...

thank you so much for your comment!