Friday, November 28, 2008

Tacky, Campy and Beautiful


I did something silly. If you've seen my work you may have noticed my recent obsession with triangle flags. There's something so beautiful about them. So after spending a day going all over town (much to the delight of my driver who just wanted to go home) I finally found my triangle banner at a party store. I don't know why I didn't immediately think of the party store (much to the delight of my driver who just wanted to go home). So I had my flag but I didn't know where to put it. I considered putting it in my studio but I was afraid I wouldn't see it often enough. So one day when I got a gust of enery and determination to clean my messy apaprtment I finally decided to hang the flags. My apartment has now gone as completely camp as it can. I feel a little like I'm living in a car lot. But I love it! And it's such eye candy! They make the bleak TV area a little more festive now. What do you think? Too tacky? ( :

1 comment:

Art Nest said...

You are hilarious -
I've seen some of these made from fabric and they are less...
car lot-ish?

Your driver must have been patient :)

Hope you had a festive Thanksgiving~ Oh, and you won the Kisses Cards...so email me your address!
sittingprettystudio[@]yahoo[dotcom]
-Zana