Saturday, October 11, 2008

Visiting Artist


Thursday I was a very lucky girl.  Thursdays are studio days so that already means it's going to be a good day.  But that day  was an especially great day because I had a critique with a visiting artist.  Mary Ann Papanek-Miller's work takes my breath away.  We are both attracted to a lot of the same imagery and ways of working so getting to talk to her about my work was a real pleasure.  It was super inspiring and I realized how happy I am right now in my studio. Later that day we had a reception for her show at the NIU gallery.  She gave a talk and it was so great!  This photo doesn't do her work justice so I apologize.  I found it on the internet because I keep forgetting my camera!  I hope you'll check her out and if you hear her name your ears will perk up.

Yesterday I rode around parts of Illinois I'd never seen before. Luckily I didn't drive so I got to fully fill my eyes up with all the scenery.  I'm kicking myself for not having my camera.  There are so many great Halloween decorations out right now and some are so silly they need to be documented.  Plus I saw so many gorgeous houses.  I picked out several dream houses so now I definitely have to go back and document them.  I love seeing different towns and I got to see a lot yesterday.  And had good company/conversation the whole time, too.

Now I'm off to the studio!

No comments: